Wednesday, January 04, 2006


WITH ONLY WEEKS REMAINING


I'm here at G-Rose 2. It's 9:30 PM and beyond curfew. The thesis defense didn't push through earlier and was postponed for Friday. That puts me in a dilemma because Friday is FrExpo (Freshmen Exposure Trip) of COM and JOU. There are barely any fourth year officers going so I'm forcing myself to go.

There was this magical moment earlier during sunset. I was standing there near the entrance to my dorm and talking with my bestfriend Tom and my thesis partner Kate. We were just talking loudly when a former co-EB of HF passed by, Jaynie. I returned a shirt to her. Afterwards classmates Eric and co-tANCr Ara appeared. Then Shiela, Jezire, and Wilda appeared.

After that, Upper and Kay drove by in the Vitara. And I was just happy because for those minutes I felt like I got a glimpse of classmates and friends together again. I mean, these days with the thesis defenses and the practicum it's seldom you'll encounter so many at one time... let alone at school.

As Tom and Kate and I walked towards the admin building, the Communication Program Council (CPC) passed by and I managed to exchange new information with them regarding our field trip on Friday.

It's like almost all the people I wanted to see suddenly appeared in succession.

Anyways, it's a return to the dorm. I miss both my OJT-QC Apartment nights and my days in DLSU-D. If I could split myself in two I would.

As each day passes everything gets faster.

--

BJPC

As of this moment, Mark Eblamo (our Secretary) is still the Officer-in-charge. All the fourth year officers are either working on their thesis or completing their practicum or even both. The freshmen exposure trip to ABS-CBN, GMA-7, and the Mowelfund Film Institute is still on schedule this Friday.

--

THESIS DEFENSE

Our defense was postponed to Friday. Kate informed the department for me that we can't do ours on Friday due to the exposure trip. I'm wondering how the department will conduct the defense when some professors will be out during the exposure trip. Right now, we will be scheduled for defense early next week. (That would mean my OJT schedule will be scrambled)

--

PRACTICUM TRAINING

At this moment I've accumulated 154 hours (more than 75%) at ANC. I think I'm on track so I don't need to rush things. I actually miss the apartment we stayed at and those late nights of searching for classmates at ABS-CBN. The practicum training has made me closer with my blockmates and has made me feel excited about the post-college years.

--

ACADEMICS

So far Cross-Cultural and Advertising Management need tending to. I've got to check on assignments and projects. It's funny how I only have two remaining subjects at school, but can't seem to find time for them. (I'm so bad)

--

Yes, there are only a few weeks remaining. March 24 is our graduation date at PICC (yes, it's not in our school because there's still a contract to finish) and beyond that who knows.

I shouldn't go senti on it. It's useless right now.

Birthday nga pala ng kapatid ko bukas, January 5. Happy 17th Birthday Paul. Recollection niyo pa. I miss the catering we had last year.

Comments: Post a Comment